It all depends on your getaway of choice! Most yachting hotspots are in warm climates, which makes packing lightly pretty simple. If you’ve chosen a charter that embarks during cooler months of a specific locale, our list includes recommendations for you, too.
Certain items like sunglasses and your passport are a must, regardless of the weather. We know how daunting it can be to pack for seven or more days aboard a luxury yacht. While our crew fully stocks the boat with essentials and luxe amenities, there are certain items you should plan to bring. Follow this no-fuss packing list to ensure a smooth yachting adventure, wherever your destination may be.
Your Packing Guide for Yachting in Warm Climates
It’s all about the aquaculture in picture-perfect yachting destinations like the Mediterranean, South Pacific and the Caribbean. Plan your wardrobe around spending half your time in a swimsuit. Does it get any better than that?
- Two swimsuits — we encourage around the clock snorkeling and sunbathing!
- 6 pieces of light clothing to throw over your swimsuit (t-shirts, beach coverups, sundresses, etc.)
- One or two outfits for an evening on the town — you know what kind of traveler you are. If high-end restaurants are on your itinerary, pack accordingly.
- Two or three pairs of shorts for exploring the sights and streets of your destination
- One or two pairs of sandals or flip-flops and a pair of water shoes — although, barefoot is certainly the dress code aboard your yacht! Whatever footwear you choose, please ensure it won’t leave black sole marks on the boat.
- A light rain jacket will keep you dry in squalls and cozy during any chilly evenings.
Your Packing Guide for Yachting in Every Climate
- Two pairs of polarized sunglasses attached to sunglass straps
- Your favorite playlists — or rock out to ours!
- Books or podcasts for a relaxing day at sea
- Mask and snorkel, if you have your own. Otherwise, our crew has you covered.
- Beach towel for days on the mainland. The yacht is fully stocked with plush bath towels.
- Insulated bottle or cup to keep your drinks cool all day long
- Hat and sunscreen lotion — the sunshine is always strong, no matter the temperature
- Cell phone with roaming data + chargers — expect complimentary WiFi at many restaurants on shore. Most crewed yachts have basic internet available on board.
- Passport, money, credit card — you might not locate an ATM for many nautical miles! Come prepared with plenty of cash and be sure to let your bank know you may use credit cards offshore.
- Prescriptions and motion sickness medication, if necessary