Want to learn about chartering in the Bahamas? We just came back from the FIRST Bahamas Charter Show last weekend! Twenty-three yachts ranging from Sailing and Power Catamarans starting at 50′ to 165′ Bahamas Luxury Motor Yachts.
Fun Facts on Bahamas Luxury Charter Vacation Destination
- Did you know there are 700 islands and cays in the Bahamas?
- The Andros Barrier Reef in the Bahamas is 140 miles long and 6000 feet deep
- Swimming Pigs are a unique sight to see on Big Major Cay
- It is only 184 miles from Miami to Nassau
- The range of the Bahamas is 5,358 mi²
Where will you go on your Bahama Charter Vacation?
That depends on what you want to do and see! As well as how much time you have. The Bahamas is such a popular yachting destination. There is no possible way you can see it all in one week. The Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park is a must-see. Created in 1958, this 176 square mile stretch of pristine waters, land, and beaches was the first land and sea park in the world and is famous for its breathtaking marine environment. Popular activities here include swimming, scuba diving, snorkeling, and shelling. The park is a no-take zone, so fishing is something you will have to do out of the park. I was particularly impressed with the FISHING GEAR and the love of fishing that many of the charter yachts showed!