Yachts are either privately owned or part of a fleet. Mainly an owner decides that he wants to offer his yacht for charter for whatever reason. He or She has many steps to get it ready.
1) Which region of the world they are.
2) If they will be running it themselves (more common in the smaller yachts) or hiring a crew to run the boat.
3) If they are going to manage it or hire a management company to represent the yacht and handle the business side.
4) Then charter ready boats need websites, photography, marketing material, pricing, and charter program. Top this off with the appropriate licenses, flags, and manning requirements to enable them to charter in the desired area.
5) The next step is getting the information out to the brokers who sell crewed yacht charters and vacations and the online industry-specific databases.