Let H2O Luxury Yachts Book your Water taxi along with your charter in the British Virgin Islands. We take care of all the hassle! Between $200 to $500 per person return depending on which water taxi is available and number of guests.
Read on for more info on flights, water taxis, ferry services, and hotels.
FLYING INTO THE BVI
Flying into Road Town, Tortola offers four airline options: American Airlines, United Airlines, Delta, and Jetblue, with round-trip flights starting around US$400. These flights operate regularly from Miami, Boston, Newark, JFK, Laguardia, and Washington, providing multiple choices for reaching Tortola.
For those arriving in St. Thomas, USVI, reaching Tortola requires a ferry or water taxi. The ferry typically costs $120-160 per person round trip, while the water taxi comes at a higher price range of $320-450 per person round trip. However, opting for the water taxi provides a more luxurious and hassle-free experience. The water taxi partners we collaborate with offer VIP services, waive baggage fees, and arrange for a land taxi to pick you up from the airport and drop you off directly at your yacht. This eliminates the waiting time in ferry and customs/immigration lines.
We strongly recommend the private water taxi experience for its convenience. We take care of all arrangements and incorporate the cost into your charter fee, making it effortless for you. Simply provide us with passport copies and flight information.
Here are some rough ferry prices:
Roadtown Fast Ferry: $618 for 6 passengers round trip (excludes baggage fees). The carrier permits each passenger to check up to 10 bags, not exceeding 50 pounds each. A fee of $10 is charged for the first 3 bags, and $10 thereafter for each additional bag.
Smiths Ferry: $612 for 6 passengers round trip, and $367 for a one-way trip. Passengers are allowed one small piece as carry-on. Excess baggage will incur a $10 service charge, and bags weighing over 50lbs will have an overweight charge of $0.50 per pound.
Native Son: $445 for 6 passengers one way from Charlotte Amalie to Road Town. One free personal item, such as a backpack or over-the-shoulder bag, is allowed per person. Any additional items (max 50lbs per item) will cost $10.
Guests can be cleared in without even getting off the water taxi at customs. The boat can be waiting for them at Norman Island or elsewhere without them even having to touch Roadtown.
Chillout Charters pricing is $630.00 + $55.00 per person for groups under 6 pax between Red Hook and Nanny Cay. Any additional passengers after that it is $155 per person (including international processing fees).
Island Time pricing is $630.00 + $60.00 per person for groups under 6 pax between Red Hook and Nanny Cay. For 6+ pax it is $225 per person (including international processing fees).
Both companies offer to arrange private land taxis to/from the airport for $19 per person and a 10% discount on a return water taxi if made in the same booking.
Island Time does charge $50 per person with their late clearance through customs for arrivals after 4:00pm.
One way Rates Red Hook to Nanny Cay (includes international processing fees):
Chillout 6 pax = $960
Chillout 8 pax = $1,270
Chillout 10 pax = $1,580
Island time 6 pax = $990
Island time 8 pax = $1,800
Island time 10 pax = $2,250
Our water taxi prices are based on a 2-tier system: – A per person price where the party consists of 6+ passengers, OR a fixed price for 5 or less passengers.
Water Taxi Quote (Either Direction):
- From American Yacht Harbour, Red Hook, St. Thomas to the vessel at Nanny Cay Marina, one way, for 6 or more passengers, is $105.00 per person plus $50.00 per person for international processing fees.
- For 5 or less passengers, one way is a fixed price of $630.00 plus $55.00 per person for international processing fees.
- The total cost for your party of 8, one way, including all fees is $1280.00
- Round trip bookings qualify for a 10% discount on the return trip (excl. international processing fees) when booking together. The total round-trip cost for your party of 8, including all fees and the 10% discount on the return trip is $2476.00
- For an additional $360.00, each way, our water taxi can pick up/drop off at Charlotte Amalie, Crown Bay Marina*. This is the most convenient and fastest option when flying in and out of St. Thomas airport, however, this option can be weather dependent*. If it is too rough, we will refund this surcharge and change to a Red Hook pick up/drop off instead. The Captain will usually decide this the day before, or day of travel.
If required (please let us know) – Private Ground Transportation (Land Taxi) Organized By Chillout Charters – COSTS ONE WAY – Either Direction:
– From St. Thomas airport to American Yacht Harbour, Red Hook (25-35min drive) is $19.00 per person inc. luggage (Based on a party of 5 or more people). For 4 or fewer passengers it is a total fixed cost of $90.00 inc. luggage.
– From St. Thomas airport to Crown Bay Marina, Charlotte Amalie (5min drive) is $10.00 per person inc. luggage (Based on a party of 5 or more people). For 4 or fewer passengers it is a total fixed cost of $55.00 inc. luggage.
For any other locations, we would have to find out the cost, but if they are in the Red Hook or Charlotte Amalie area, it will be a similar cost.
For all ground transportation – the driver is to be paid separately in cash on the day. When you land, you will need to turn your phone on so that our driver can call you to find and collect you outside St. Thomas airport.
The water taxis that will transfer you will either be the sleek, spacious and very comfortable 39ft Midnight Express or 36ft Black Water Sport.
On board the vessels there is a selection of complimentary beverages. The vessels are also equipped with large inside storage compartments that will keep your luggage safe and dry from the elements.
Be sure to have your playlists ready as they have great speaker systems on both boats.
Island Time Water Taxi:
The details listed below are for Island Time Water Taxi. We often recommend Island Time for their reliability and maintained boats, but please let us know if you’d like help looking into other private taxi options. Also, for comparison, prices on the ferry would be about $160 per person both ways.
Water taxi rates are based on a minimum of 6 people, with a flat rate per person added for each additional passenger.
- $60 per person for international processing and entry fees (payable in cash to the captain).
- $19 per person for a taxi transfer from St. Thomas airport to Red Hook ($90 minimum charge, payable in cash to the driver).
- $50 per person late clearance fee for flights landing in St. Thomas after 4:00 pm.
- 10% discount on return if booked at the same time.
- 10% discount for groups of 10 – 12.
- Groups can be combined where practical to do so.
- Discounts cannot be combined.
The flat rate for a party of 8 from St. Thomas to Nanny Cay, British Virgin Islands, is $165* per person each way.
Late arrivals into St. Thomas may face challenges due to the operating hours of BVI customs and immigration. We will do our best to accommodate late arrivals, but please communicate any delays as quickly as possible.
Note: There is a five-person minimum charge.
Onboard, we provide VIP service and complimentary water, soda, and beer for your journey.
To make a reservation, please provide:
- Full name
- Email address
- Cell phone contact #
- Credit card number with expiration date
- Arrival date, flight number & arrival time
- Departure date, flight number & departure time
- Final destination in the BVI (charter company name or boat name if Crewed Yacht)
- Copies of passport photo pages and vaccination cards
- Negative test results within 48 hours of arrival in BVI
Additional information about our water taxi service:
- We offer full VIP service from St. Thomas airport to your destination in the BVI.
- Unless agreed otherwise, our runs are completely private.
- Cold beverages are provided upon boarding.
- Our drivers monitor flight arrivals and will be there waiting to take you to your water taxi, even if your flight is delayed.
- No baggage fee charges.
- We operate on your schedule and make necessary arrangements for delayed flights.
- No standing in long lines for ferry tickets or facing ferry-related inconveniences.
- For charter yacht guests, we can take you directly to your charter yacht, eliminating the need for a land taxi in the BVI.
- We handle all customs and immigration clearance while you wait comfortably on board.
- Our quoted price includes everything with no hidden fees or surprises.
St. Thomas Hotels:
West End (Near Charlotte Amalie/Airport):
Emerald Beach Hotel is right near the airport, nice beach.
Olga’s Fancy is in historic Frenchtown, close to downtown and convenient to Charlotte Amalie. A favorite of yacht charter brokers for clean and decent without being too pricy.
Mafolie downtown is on a high hill overlooking the downtown that has a gorgeous view but you’d have to take a cab to get anywhere.
Windward Passage hotel is convenient, right downtown and on taxi and bus routes along with shopping!
Galleon House is also downtown, clean and relatively inexpensive but there are a lot of stairs.
Lindbergh is across from the airport on the beach. Not as nice as Emerald, but on the water.
Bunker Hill is a Bed and Breakfast right at Charlotte Amalie. This has quite a few stairs.
Blu Beard (not Black Beard) It’s newly remodeled and renovated. We had some friends stay here in November. It is high on the hill overlooking downtown Charlotte Amalie.
Midtown (think an old non updated Motel 6) but cheap and lots of people do use it if they just want a bed for the night. Downtown area.
East End (Near Red Hook):
Sapphire is at Smith’s Bay. This is closer for Red Hook.
Secret Harbor is pretty popular with yacht charter brokers here and is past Red Hook.
Margaritaville again is past Red Hook and Very American style.
Red Hook AirBNB