Alan was introduced into the world of boating at an early age by his grandfather on the southern
coast of Spain. Cruising the Mediterranean with family every year began an affair with the ocean
he would never look back on. After working as a beach lifeguard for 2 years and a Scuba Diving
Instructor in the shark infested water of South Africa's Aliwal Shoal, Alan made the move
overseas to begin his life on the deep blue. Over the past 5 years, Alan has spent his time
captaining various types of sailing and motor yachts in the likes of the Virgin Islands, Eastern
Caribbean, Cyprus, Hong Kong and Gibraltar. He was also part of a 4 man team to sail across
the Atlantic to the Caribbean from Portugal. In his spare time, Alan enjoys diving, spearfishing,
Quantam Mechanics, snorkeling, water-skiing and the odd game of golf.
“I can’t wait to share my love for the ocean and the Caribbean with my guests aboard Exodus in
the coming year”.
Louise grew up in a sheep and game farming district of South Africa, food being a huge part of the culture. Growing up in such a secluded area of the country, food always seemed to bring everyone together. Apart from her culinary passions, Louise also has a degree in Jewellery design and manufacturing. With a diploma from the South African Chef's academy, and having worked as chef aboard superyachts, Louise has successfully managed to combine her curious and adventurous side with her culinary creative side to bring an outstanding standard to the meals offered aboard Exodus.
Breakfast: (All breakfast accompanied with fresh tropical fruit platter,cereal,fresh bread,yoghurts,fruit smoothies and juices)
• Carrot and walnut muffins, blueberry chocolate chip muffins, lemon and pecan nut muffins • Homemade banana oat fritters with fresh berries, greek yoghurt, and raw honey • Smoked salmon and cream cheese omelette with arugula leaves and fig reduction • Eggs on English muffin with dijon mustard, creamy spinach, and shiitake mushrooms • Eggs Benedict, asparagus, and prosciutto ham with homemade hollandaise • Waffles with scrambled eggs, roasted cherry tomatoes, and crispy bacon • Poached egg on top of basil pesto potato rosti with chorizo sausage, and balsamic glaze • Spinach, feta, bacon, and egg frittata • Breakfast taco shell with egg, sharp cheddar, arugula, and salsa • Cinnamon pancakes with fresh strawberries and golden syrup
• Oven baked coconut cod on a bed of carrots and zucchini in fish sauce with peanut asian slaw • Caribbean chicken salad with red grapes, heart of palm, and feta with a hint of curry and fresh focaccia • Seared Tuna niçoise salad with baby potatoes, green beans, and black olives • Lamb kebabs with avocado, sugar snap mint salad, and a poppy seed dressing Sides of pita, humus, and tzatziki • Pork filet stir-fry with green chili paste and coconut milk served over couscous • Bobotie meat pie with basmati rice and banana salsa sambal • Lemongrass shrimp and pineapple skewers with cumin, avocado potato salad, and toasted almonds • Spiced pumpkin and chicken salad with goat cheese, sunflower seeds, and citrus dressing
• Homemade crumbed fishcakes with cilantro leaves and curry mayo dressing • Portobello mushroom baked in walnut butter with stuffed with feta, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes • Ginger carrot and butternut soup with garlic and herb bruschetta • Smoked salmon carpaccio with celery and cucumber shavings with goat cheese • Stuffed courgette rolls with ricotta and toasted pine nuts • Steamed mussels in creamy white wine sauce • Scallops on butternut squash puree with raisin vinaigrette • Tomato and basil shrimp shell
• Slowly cooked pork tenderloin in red wine on mashed potatoes with lemon butter green beans, toasted walnuts, with an orange brandy sauce • Salmon steak with grilled asparagus with parmesan shavings and roasted garlic potatoes with crème fraîche and chives • Filet Mignon with honey glazed carrots and buttered brussel sprouts with cauliflower puree • Sage and ricotta stuffed chicken wrapped in prosciutto with spinach, and shiitake mushrooms • Shrimp & lobster tagliatelle / Thai red curry shrimp with coconut basmati rice • Sweet and spicy mahi-mahi on a bed of balsamic glazed sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and red peppers • Rack of lamb on butternut puree with steamed broccoli and roasted cherry tomatoes
• Dark chocolate rum fudge pie with sliced almonds and ice cream • Key lime pie with fresh strawberries and lemon zest • Pina colada malva pudding • Passionfruit cheesecake • Baileys chocolate mousse • Creamy mango grill • Italian tiramisu