Sailing Yacht August Maverick
Sailing Yacht August Maverick is not only elegant and classic she is a family-friendly charter yacht offering a crew of 3 for inclusive and captain only charters in the Virgin Islands as well as New England. We are pleased to introduce you to our BOAT OF THE WEEK!
Tell us about the Sailing Yacht August Maverick
August Maverick is a 92′ 1978 Stephens Yacht that was purchased in Malta, in 2017. After that, she was sailed to Beaufort, North Carolina where Sean completed an extensive one-year dry dock and refit. There was no wire, pipe, pump, shroud, filter, sail, winch, or appliance that has not been touched, upgraded, replaced, and removed! This yacht is large. I can attest to that, as well as the work that has been done to bring this yacht up to spec, as I walked onboard thinking I would be seeing a tired old sailing yacht this winter, and I could not keep myself from exclaiming how great it looked. This is a proper, well-kitted yacht with tons of room at a budget-friendly price for sailing enthusiasts. This yacht has a large air-conditioned pilot house with seating, bar, and 360-degree views Some of the upgrades include:
- New carpet throughout
- China and Glassware
- Mini Fridge and two ice makers
- mattresses, linens, towels, and pillows
- State of the art watermaker
- Brand new Genoa and Stay Sails
- Battery banks, charging systems and monitoring capabilities
- All new navigation and electronics including a 19″ touch screen flat panel, AIS, radar and voice communications
- Two main engines and two generators
Tell us about the guest cabins on August Maverick
- You can find a large walk-around bed king sized cabin with his and her washrooms
- Two twin cabins each with a Pullman bed. Both have gigantic headroom and private restrooms, one even has a bathtub!
- If you are a family you may be able to take advantage of the double and single sofa in the saloon to make up to nine guests on board. You will have share washrooms with the cabins.
- The crew on August Maverick is great at being flexible for sleeping on yacht charters. And, children and babies of ANY age are welcome aboard!
- Cabins have In Suite Stereos as well as being fully air-conditioned.
What toys and amenities does August Maverick have onboard?
- 2 Ice Maker
- 14′ with 50 hp tender
- Water Skis
- Fishing gear
- SCUBA diving gear
- Outdoor and Indoor Audio System
- Multiple Paddleboards
- Snorkeling Gear
- Second tender- 9′ with a 4 hp engine
- Sailing Instruction
What are the weekly rates on Sailing Yacht August Maverick?
Fully crewed and inclusive for seven nights. Crew gratuity is additional. Dockage is additional.
- Two Guests $21,000
- Three Guests $21,750
- Four Guests $22,500
- Five Guests $23,250
- Six Guests $24,000
- Seven Guests $24,750
- Eight Guests $25,500
- Nine Guests $26,000
Xmas week is available at $28,000, and New Year’s week is available at $30,000. The above is for the Caribbean if you are chartering in New England the rates do not include the bar. A Captain Only rate where you cook, clean, and provision yourself is available. Ask us for details!
- Kids under 12 sail free! Up to two kids, 12 and under, sail free with a minimum booking of two adults
- Book a charter in May or June of 2020 for any time and receive 10% off the above rates
- Three SCUBA dives included for four certified divers
Tell us about the crew on August Maverick?
“Shawn holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering from the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, & a Master’s Degree in Social Organizational Psychology from Columbia University. He served nine years at sea in the U.S. Coast Guard aboard cutters from Alaska to Bahrain to Hawaii. He is a licensed Merchant Mariner with a 1600-ton Oceans Master License. Now that we’ve gotten all of the serious things out of the way, we figured you’d like to know a little more about this one. He’s pretty cool. Shawn is a talented craftsman. He makes cutting boards, paddles, picture frames, & much more, all from gorgeous wood. Shawn is a die-hard fan of pretzels. Any kind of pretzels. Most of us consider Shawn to be amphibious. He spends much of his time underwater, sometimes to the concern of others.” “Jackie has an extensive background in Sales, Marketing & Customer Service. Having worked over 15 years in retail, she honed her skills in team training, customer education, customer service roles, and, most recently, in taking a small business from conception through branding, product development, and finally, to market in national retail outlets. She LOVES cooking and testing new recipes (which is code for eating new recipes). While she thrives in good weather, she loves a good, dreary rainy day – that’s the Seattle girl in her. She’s a family girl through and through.”
Sample Menu on August Maverick- All menus are completely customizable 🦞🏆👩🍳
Jackie rocks in preparing gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free meal options. She strives to create recipes that are nutritious & fuel the body, especially for a week on the ocean!
- Assorted Seasonal Fruits
- Nut Butters
- Homemade Jams
- Homemade Breakfast Bread
- Eggs (scrambled, fried, sunny side up, soft/hard-boiled)
- Bacon & Sausage
- Chicken Salad Sandwich served on toast with arugula, homemade pesto & a drizzle of balsamic glaze
- Roasted Potato Salad with Shrimp a hearty potato salad with fresh grilled shrimp, roasted walnuts, peas,& kale all tossed in a light coconut oil sauce
- Radish & Pecan Grain Salad a great combination of farro & wild rice, radishes, arugula, tarragon, mint, cranberries & a shallot vinaigrette
- Seared Tuna Burger local caught fish with fresh coconut-mango & homemade spicy aioli
- Shrimp, Chorizo & Corn Saffron Zucchini Pasta
- Grilled Burgers & Hot Dogs homemade french fries & fresh fruit on the side
- Freshly made guacamole with chips, sweet potato fries with spicy coconut dipping sauce & house-made mango salsa
- Pickled Carrots topped with Arugula, dressed in a Honey Vinaigrette, with roasted Walnuts & shaved Parmesean
- Seared Scallops with Spring Onion & Coconut Tarragon Cream
- Sweet Potato toasts with Pesto, Crispy Chickpeas & Balsamic Glaze
- Mussels in aromatic Lemongrass & Ginger Sauce served with a side of Garlic Naan for dipping
- Assorted Cheese & Meat Board & Crostini with Fig, Olive & Bacon Tapenade
- Fresh rolls with a Curry Spice Peanut dipping sauce
- Crispy Chickpeas
- Oven Roasted Assorted Nuts
- Fuel Bites
- Hummus, Crackers, Veggies
- Chips & Dips
- Braised Flank Steak Tacos topped with pickled red onion, grilled peach & a fried corn salsa
- Shallot & Cayenne Pepper Grilled Chicken Thighs with pork rind crusted mashed potato fritters & grilled seasonal vegetables
- Crispy Coconut Kale with Roasted Salmon & Coconut Rice
- Farro, Arugula & Kale Salad with Grilled Peaches, Pineapple & Beets dressed in a Coconut Balsamic Dressing
- Honey Hoisin Sticky Ribs over cauliflower garlic polenta & crispy broccoli
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce served over roasted asparagus & potatoes
- Pan-Seared Fresh Catch Fish served over a bed of callaloo & sweet potatoes, with a creamy coconut curry broth.
- Chocolate parfait with nougat, tempered chocolate & hot chocolate sauce
- Key Lime Pie
- White Chocolate Mousse with a Rasberry Brandy Sauce
- Banana Cream Tart with Soft Ginger Snaps
- White Chocolate and Berry Cheesecake
- Dried strawberries with decadent chocolate sauce.
Sailors are going to love this Sailing Yacht!
How do I book Sailing Yacht August Maverick
H2O Team members had an opportunity to explore this beautiful sailing yacht this winter in St Thomas, USVI. Contact us in any way possible! Please note that August Maverick is currently in the Virgin Islands and will be transiting up to the North East of the United States for summer charters as soon as they are able. (May 18, 2020) View August Maverick on our Web Site St John Yacht Charter St Thomas Yacht Charter